Men, women and teens all share a common desire to have healthy, youthful skin.
Sun exposure and the aging process take their toll on the skin, creating lines, wrinkles, and causing changes in texture and color of the skin. Not only is the face, but the neck, chest, cleavage, arms and hands may be affected as well.
Microdermabrasion can reduce the effects of aging on our skin. Diamondtome Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, exfoliating treatment that improves wrinkles, skin color and texture by removing the topmost layer of skin leaving it more supple and vibrant. It stimulates the collagen tissue beneath the surface of the skin resulting in a healthier and firmer appearance.
A wonderful alternative to chemical peels, dermabrasion is more gentle and effective than other exfoliating systems, even at higher settings. The length of the treatment and number of treatments vary depending on skin type and condition. Microdermabrasion treatments are administered by trained personnel only.
- The Microdermabrasion exfoliation procedure starts with cleansing of the skin.
- A test spot is performed.
- The appropriate wand and number of passes are selected by the Aesthetician/Nurse.
- The Wand is moved in a criss-cross fashion to cover the complete area. The treatment feels like a burning sensation, but is extremely well tolerated by clients. The damaged cells are removed to reveal fresh skin.
- Microdermabrasion removes the topmost layer of skin by gently exfoliating the skin with natural diamond chips that are at the tip of the wand, while at the same time removing the exfoliated skin cells away in a sterile and controlled manner.
Microdermabrasion leaves your skin feeling soft and you will notice a healthy glow to your complexion. Due to the increase in circulation, a mild temporary blush surrounding the treated area may be the only evidence of your treatment. This will last for about 10-30 minutes.
The results are gradual, but highly effective for clearer, healthier looking skin.
- Exfoliation occurs only as the wand is drawn across the skin.
- No loose crystals or other abrasives that contaminate you or your environment.
- Even at its highest settings, Dermabrasion is regarded as a gentler microexfoliation system, yet provides more dramatic results than other skin care systems.
- Achieve skin rejuvenation without the adverse effects of loose particles, burning,irritation, and skin reactions.
- The precise diamond wand chip size and vacuum settings assure the appropriate amount of exfoliation that will produce uniform and desirable results.
By eliminating the powders and crystals (aluminum oxide and salt) Diamondtome Microdermabrasion has made skin rejuvenation the clean, controlled procedure it should be.
- Avoid use of Accutane for 3 months prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds, spray tans, and sun.
- Stop use of exfoliants (like Glycolic Acid) on treatment area one week before treatment.
- Stop use of Retin-A one week before treatment.
- Remove makeup on area to be treated prior to the treatment.
- Avoid chemical or mechanical irritants 1 week prior to treatment.
- Patients who have a history of recurring cold soars (Herpes simplex type 1) should start oral Valtrex 500 mg tablets 2 days prior to your Microdermabrasion treatment and continue for 3 days after treatment.
- Maintain hydration (both topically and internally) by drinking plenty of water and applying moisturizers to your skin.
- Moisturizers and sunscreen should be applied before leaving the treatment room.
- Use a strong moisturizer along with sun block SPF-60, when you go out in the sun.
- Moisturize and reapply sunscreen several times during the day, as needed.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds for at least one week after the treatment.
- Avoid waxing of the treated areas for two weeks post-procedure.
When to use Microdermabrasion
- Reduction of minor to moderate early aging fine lines
- Minor revision of scars
- Sun damaged skin
- Reduction of Hyper pigmentation
- Reduction of acne scars
- Rejuvenation of overall skin health
- Improvement in Age spots
- Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
When Not to use Microdermabrasion
- Active acne
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Eczema, dermatitis
- Skin Cancer
- Viral Lesions, Herpes simplex (active)
- Vascular lesions
- Oral Blood thinners
- Tattoos - not effective
Who Can Benefit?
Microdermabrasion offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve specific skin conditions and rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of their skin.
- Rejuvenates sun damaged skin - face, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs
- Reduce age spots
- Minimize blotchy skin coloring
- Reduce acne and superficial scars from past injury
- Extract blackheads and whiteheads
- Oily Skin
- Improve overall skin health.
This treatment is non-invasive, painless and requires no downtime from work or social activities.